Riot Games to end active development of 2XKO in 2026

Riot Games will end active development of tag-team fighter 2XKO at the end of 2026, citing costs that exceed revenue; servers will remain online and planned content will ship through December.

Riot Games announced it will stop active development on its tag-team fighter 2XKO at the end of 2026. The company said the game will remain online for both online and offline play and that it will deliver content already in progress through December of this year.

Riot reported it monitored 2XKO’s performance and player retention for several months. The developer concluded that while many players tried the game and a dedicated community continues to play daily, engagement has stayed roughly flat and revenue does not cover operating costs. In its statement Riot wrote that ‘not enough players have stuck around for the game to become sustainable long-term.’

To support players during the wind-down, Riot will unlock all champions for every account and bundle most cosmetic items. Purchases of KO Points, the game’s premium currency, were disabled on August 20. The company will refund money spent in 2XKO on or before August 20.

Riot plans to release remaining content between now and December, including two new characters, feature improvements and bug fixes. After shipping a final bug-fix update in December, active development will end but servers will stay online. The developer said offline play will not be affected and that it will provide advance notice if plans change.

The studio considered alternatives such as reducing the development team, changing the patch cadence or altering the business model, but decided that finishing the content already in progress and then ending active development was the best path for players and staff.

Riot had been expanding competitive support for 2XKO, including a sponsorship programme called First Impact intended to back 22 community-run tournaments and an event partnership for Frosty Faustings XVIII. With active development ending, players and tournament organisers will face uncertainty about the long-term outlook for competitive events built around the title.

The content on news.white.market is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered financial, investment, trading, legal, or tax advice. We strive to keep our news accurate and up to date, but we cannot guarantee its completeness, reliability, or absolute accuracy.

news.white.market is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or losses resulting from reliance on this content. Any actions you take based on our materials are done at your own risk. Always conduct your own research and consult a qualified specialist where necessary.

Articles by this author